SP 6 Acupuncture Point(Sanyinjiao) belongs to Spleen Meridian of Foot-Taiyin,which is commonly used for caring uterus and ovaries, relieving menstrual disorders, dysmenorrhea, vaginal discharge, anterior genital itching, infertility, spermatorrhea, impotence, etc.;
SP 6 Acupuncture Point Location
3 cun directly above the tip of the medial malleoulus on the posterior border of the tibia.
What is the meaning of Sanyinjiao
Sanyinjiao, “Sanyin”, and Meridian of Foot-Sanyin. “Jiao”,intersect. The name of Sanyinjiao means that the Qi of Foot-Sanyin intersect at this point. The substance of this point includes the hot dampness-qi of Spleen Meridian, the wet wind-qi of Liver Meridian, and the cold Qi of Kidney Meridian. The Qi of Meridian of Foot-Sanyin intersect here, hence the name.
SP 6 Acupuncture Point Usage
1.Weakness of spleen and stomach, bowel bloating, diarrhea, indigestion, acute and chronic enteritis, bacillary dysentery, hepatosplenomegaly, ascites edema, hepatitis, cholecystitis, etc.;
2.Nephritis, urinary tract infection, urinary retention, urinary incontinence, chyluria, hernia, etc.;
3.Caring uterus and ovaries, menstrual disorders, functional uterine bleeding, dysmenorrhea, vaginal discharge, vaginitis, pelvic inflammatory disease, anterior vaginal itching, abnormal fetal position, uterine prolapse, dystocia, uterine prolapse, amenorrhea, and dysmenorrhea. Pregnancy, spermatorrhea, impotence, penile pain, etc.;
4.Epilepsy, schizophrenia, neurasthenia, insomnia, menopausal syndrome, etc.
5.Tighten facial muscles, remove spots, wrinkles, acne, and treat skin allergies, eczema, urticaria, dermatitis, etc.
6.knee, ankle and surrounding soft tissue diseases, athlete’s foot, diabetes, hypertension, thromboangiitis obliterans, etc.
SP 6 Acupuncture Point Therapy
- Every night between 5 and 7 pm, press and rub SP 6(Sanyinjiao) point on each leg for about 15 minutes to caring the uterus and ovaries and promote flow of Ren, Du, and Chong Channel,which is beneficial for good sleep,caring skin and tighten muscles, prevent and treat various gynecological diseases if long-term massage it;
- Press and rub SP 6 for 20 minutes at 11 am every day, which is beneficial for relieving various rash;
- Press and knead SP 6 for 20 minutes every day between 11 am and 13 pm,which is beneficial for regulating blood pressure;
- Press and knead SP 6 for 20 minutes at around 21 pm every evening,which is beneficial for strengthening spleen, tightening skin of face, and preventing double chin;
- Press and knead SP 6 for 15 minutes between 21 and 23 pm every night,which is beneficial for regulating menstruation, removing freckles, acne, and wrinkles.
SP 6 Point Compatibility
Combined with Zusanli point to treat bowel and diarrhea;
Combined with Zhongji point to treat irregular menstruation;
Combined with Zigong point to treat uterine prolapse;
Combined with Dadun point to treat hernia;
Combined with Neiguan and Shenmen points to treat insomnia.
Combined with Shenmen point to treat insomnia due to deficiency of heart and spleen.
Combined with Yanglingquan to treat muscle pain.
Combined with Tongli to treat aphasia.
Combined with Xuehai to treat gynecological diseases.
Combined with Zhongwan, Neiguan, and Zusanli point to treat thromboangiitis obliterans.
Combined with Yinlingquan, PangguangShu, and Zhongji to treat uroschesisn.
Combined with Guilai, TaiChong to treat hernia.
21 Points Along The (SP) Spleen Meridian
SP 1 , SP 2 , SP 3 , SP 4 , SP 5 , SP 6 , SP 7 , SP 8 , SP 9 , SP 10 , SP 11 , SP 12 , SP 13 , SP 14 , SP 15 , SP 16 , SP 17 , SP 18 , SP 19 , SP 20 , SP 21