Kidney Meridian of Foot-Shaoyin is one of the twelve meridians,Corresponding to Bladder Meridian of Foot-Taiyang.It is commonly used for genitourinary system, neuropsychiatric diseases, respiratory system, digestive system and circulatory system,etc disease.The flow time of Kidney Meridian is from 5 to 7 pm.
There are 27 points on one side of the Kidney Meridian (54 points on the left and right sides), of which 10 points are distributed on the posterior edge of the inner side of the lower limbs, and the remaining 17 points are on both sides of abdomen,including: KI 1(Yongquan),KI 2(Rangu), KI 3(Taixi),KI 4(Dazhong), KI 5(Shuiquan),KI 6(Zhaohai),KI 7(Fuliu),KI 8(Jiaoxin),KI 9(Zhubin),KI 10(Yingu),KI 11(Henggu),KI 12(Dahe),KI 13(Qixue),KI 14(Siman),KI 15(Zhongzhu),KI 16(Huangshu）,KI 17(Shangqu),KI 18(Shiguan), KI 19(Yindu),KI 20(Tonggu),KI 21(Youmen),KI 22(Bulang),KI 23(Shenfeng),KI 24(Lingxu),KI 25(Shencang), KI 26(Yuzhong),KI 27(Shufu).
Kidney Meridian Points & Location
KI 1 Acupuncture Point(Yongquan)
Location:in the depression in the heart of the sole, as felt when the leg is stretched, the foot bent and the toes curled. or the point is found in a slight depression created, when the foot is in plantar flexion (i.e. slightly extended, so the arches activate), about 1/3 the distance from the toes to heel. In other words, it’s where your thumb will naturally fall, in the center of your foot near the base of the big toe.
1. Gently tap Yongquan acupoint, which can transmit through the meridian, regulate the autonomic nervous system, help expand blood vessels, promote skin blood circulation, accelerate the discharge of toxins, and reduce blood viscosity.
2. Invigorate the internal Qi of the kidney meridian, promote longevity, dissipate internal heat and vitality,sufficient kidney essence,improve ears and eyesight, energetic, strong sexual, strong waist and knees etc.
3. Relieve neurasthenia, energy loss, fatigue, gynecomastia, insomnia, hypersomnia, high blood pressure, dizziness, anxiety, diabetes, allergic rhinitis, menopausal disorders, chills, kidney disease, etc.
4. Relief head pain, dizziness, vertigo, sore throat, dry tongue, aphonia, difficulty in urination, difficulty in defecation, convulsions, epilepsy, cholera, fainting, etc.
5. Treat senile asthma, weakness, deafness, tinnitus, etc.
Location:Anterior and Inferior to the medial malleolus in a depression on the lower border of the tuberosity of the navicular bone.
1. Diseases of the genitourinary system: cystitis, urethritis, orchitis, lack of semen, enuresis;
2. Diseases of the ENT system: pharyngitis, tonsillitis;
3. Gynecology system diseases: irregular menstruation, infertility;
4. Others: myocarditis, itching, diabetes etc;
Location:In depression midway between the tip of the medial malleolus and the attachment of the achilles tendon.
- Indications:Headache and dizziness, sore throat, toothache, deafness, tinnitus, wheezing, chest pain, hemoptysis, diminished thirst, irregular menstruation, insomnia, forgetfulness, spermatorrhea, impotence, frequent urination, low back pain, cold lower limbs, swelling and pain of inner ankle.
- Urogenital system diseases: nephritis, cystitis, nocturnal emission, enuresis;
- Respiratory diseases: emphysema, bronchitis, asthma;
- Mouth and ear diseases: chronic laryngitis, stomatitis, tinnitus;
- Leg diseases: paralysis of lower limbs, heel pain, lumbar muscle strain;
- Others: endocarditis, neurasthenia, mastitis, diaphragmatic spasm.
KI 4 Acupuncture Point(Dazhong)
Location:Posterior and inferior to the medial malleolus in a depression anterior to the medial attachment of the achilles tendon.
Usage:Neurasthenia, dementia, asthma, sore throat, hemoptysis, heel pain, constipation, stomatitis, malaria etc;
KI 5 Acupuncture Point(Shuiquan)
Location:1 cun directly below KI 3(Taixi) in a depression on the medial side of the tuberosity of the calcaneum.
Usage:irregular menstruation,dysmenorrhea, amenorrhea,uterine prolapse, difficulty in urination and dizzy etc;
KI 6 Acupuncture Point(Zhaohai)
Location:In a depression below the tip of the medial malleolus.
- Acute tonsillitis, chronic pharyngitis, dry throat, swelling and pain of eye;
- Neurasthenia, hysteria, epilepsy, insomnia, panic, etc.;
- Gynecological syndromes such as uterine prolapse, irregular menstruation, dysmenorrhea,leukorrhea with reddish discharge, frequent urination, etc.;
- Constipation, hernia, athlete’s foot, paralysis of lower limbs, etc.
Location:2 cun above KI 3 on the anterior border of the achilles tendon.
- Indications:Nephritis, abdominal distension, bowel, edema, diarrhea, night sweats, athlete’s foot, leg swelling, urethritis, urinary tract infection etc.
- Effects:Nourishes the kidney and yin
- Clinical application:
- Digestive system diseases, such as: dysentery, diarrhea, and constipation;
- ENT diseases, such as: tinnitus, deafness, and myopia;
- urogenital diseases, such as: urinary tract infections, nephritis , Orchitis, spermatorrhea;
- others, such as: encephalitis,uterine bleeding, myelitis, peritonitis, hemorrhoid bleeding, diabetes, lumbar muscle, etc.
KI 8 Acupuncture Point(Jiaoxin)
Location:0.5 cun anterior to KI 7(Fuliu), 2 cun above KI 3(Taixi) posterior to the medial border of the tibia.
Usage:Irregular menstruation, nephritis, orchitis, urinary tract infection, etc.
KI 9 Acupuncture Point(Zhubin)
Location:5 cun above KI 3(Taixi)on the line drawn from KI 3 to KI 10 at the lower end of the belly of the gastrocnemius muscle.
1. Relieve treatment of epilepsy, vomiting, saliva,colic, umbilical hernia in children, etc.;
2. Relieve treatment of inner calf pain, abdominal pain, dysmenorrhea, gastrocnemius spasm, orchitis, gastritis, nephritis, etc.;
3. Relieve treatment of knee softness, fatigue, dampness, phlegm, and blood circulation;
4. It is beneficial for invigorating the kidney, calming the heart, regulating qi and relieving pain, clearing away heat and dampness,soothe thing nerves by massaging this acupoint.
KI 10 Acupuncture Point(Yingu)
Location:On the medial side of the knee joint between the tendons of semitendinosis and semimembranosus.
Difficulty urination, impotence, nocturnal emission, metrorrhagia, vaginal discharge, vaginal itching, hernia, scrotum damp itching, knee pain, urinary tract infection etc.
KI 11 Acupuncture Point(Henggu)
Location:5 cun below Shenque acupoint(CV 8),0.5 cun lateral to Qugu acupoint(CV 2).
Lower abdominal distension, poor urination, enuresis, urinary obstruction, nocturnal emission, impotence, hernia, testicular swelling and pain, urinary incontinence, etc.
Location:4 cun below CV 8(Shenque), 0.5 cun lateral to CV 3(Zhongji).
- Improve sexual function, treat nocturnal emission, impotence and premature ejaculation and other male diseases;
- Treat cystitis, urethritis, genital pain, uterine prolapse, vaginal discharge, irregular menstruation, dysmenorrhea, diarrhea, dysentery and other gynecological diseases.
KI 13 Acupuncture Point(Qixue)
Location:3 cun below CV 8, 0.5 cun lateral to CV 4.
Usage:Irregular menstruation, urinary tract infection, enteritis;
KI 14 Acupuncture Point(Siman)
Location:2 cun below CV 8(Shenque),0 .5 cun lateral to CV 5.
Usage:Irregular menstruation, metrorrhagia, vaginal discharge, infertility, postpartum lochia, abdominal pain, nocturnal emission, enuresis, hernia, constipation, edema.
KI 15 Acupuncture Point(Zhongzhu)
Location:1 cun below Shenque acupoint(CV 8), 0.5 cun lateral to CV 7.
Usage:Irregular menstruation, adnexitis, orchitis, etc.
KI 16 Acupuncture Point(Huangshu)
Location:0.5 cun lateral to Shenque acupoint(CV 8);
Huangshu point is commonly used for abdominal pain, abdominal distension, vomiting, diarrhea, constipation, colic, urinary leaching and so on.
Digestive system diseases: stomach cramps, enteritis, dysentery, habitual constipation, intestinal paralysis;
Urogenital system diseases: urethritis, cystitis;
KI 17 Acupuncture Point(Shangqu)
Location:2 cun above Shenque(CV 8),0 .5 cun lateral to CV 10.
Usage:Stomach pain, abdominal pain, abdominal mass,bloating, diarrhea, constipation and other gastrointestinal diseases.
KI 18 Acupuncture Point(Shiguan)
Location:3 cun above shenque acupoint( CV 8),0 .5 cun lateral to CV 11.
Indications: abdominal pain, vomiting, constipation,abdominal pain after postpartum, female infertility, etc.
KI 19 Acupuncture Point(Yindu)
Location:4 cun above Shenque(CV 8), 0.5 cun lateral to CV 12.
1. Indigestion,abdominal distension, abdominal pain, constipation, cold and heat of body.
2. qi inversion, lung swelling, pain under the flanks, bowel sounds,gastritis and gastric ulcer.
3. Irregular menstruation and infertility.
4. More night sweats.
KI 20 Acupuncture Point(Futonggu)
Location:5 cun above CV 8, .5 cun lateral to CV 13.
Usage:Abdominal distension, abdominal pain, vomiting,gastritis, gastric ulcer, etc.other gastrointestinal diseases.
KI 21 Acupuncture Point(Youmen)
Location:6 cun above CV 8, 0.5 cun lateral to CV 14.
Indications:Gastrointestinal diseases such as: abdominal pain, bloating, vomiting, dyspepsia, diarrhea, dysentery, etc.
KI 22 Acupuncture Point(Bulang)
Location:In the 5th ICS 2 cun lateral to CV 16.
Indications:Cough and wheezing, chest pain, vomiting, loss of appetite,acute mastitis.
Clinical application: bronchitis, intercostal neuralgia, gastritis, etc.
KI 23 Acupuncture Point(Shenfeng)
Location:In the 4th ICS 2 cun lateral to CV 17.
Usage:Cough, asthma,fullness sensation in chest, vomiting,loss of appetite, and acute mastitis.
KI 24 Acupuncture Point(Lingxu)
Location:In the 3rd ICS 2 cun lateral to CV 18.
Usage:Indications: chest tightness, chest pain, cough and wheezing, excessive phlegm,acute mastitis, vomiting, loss of appetite,bronchitis, pleurisy, intercostal neuralgia, etc.
KI 25 Acupuncture Point(Shencang)
Location:In the 2nd ICS 2 cun lateral to CV 19.
Usage:Coughing, wheezing, chest pain, vomiting, loss of appetite,acute and chronic bronchitis, intercostal neuralgia, etc.
KI 26 Acupuncture Point(Yuzhong)
Location:In the 1st ICS 2 cun lateral to CV 20.
Usage:Cough, asthma, fullness of chest and thigh,loss of appetite.
Clinical application: bronchitis, bronchial asthma, intercostal neuralgia, etc.
KI 27 Acupuncture Point(Shufu)
Location:In a depression on the lower border of the clavicle, 2 cun lateral to the CV line.
Indications:Coughing,vomiting, chest pain, loss of appetite etc.bronchitis, bronchial asthma, intercostal neuralgia, etc.