LI 10 Acupuncture Point(Shousanli) belongs to the Large Intestine Meridian of Hand-yangming, which is commonly used for arms weakness, upper extremity failure, abdominal pain, diarrhea, toothache, cheek swelling and other symptoms.
LI 10 Acupuncture Point Location
2 cun below LI 11 on the LI 5 to LI 11 line.
What is the meaning of Shousanli
- Shousanli:”Shou”,hand,refers to the part of point is hand. “Sanli” refers to the area covered by the Qi of this point. The name of “Shousanli” means that the Qi from the large intestine channel covers a larger area here.The substance of this point comes from Shanglian point, and the wet cloud-qi of the Shanglian point drops area covered by the point is as wide as three unit, hence the name.
- ShouSanli: Li,refers to cun. If the elbow is bent, and the ShouSanli acupoint is at 3 cun below the end of the elbow (the lateral epicondyle of the humerus), hence the name.
LI 10 Acupuncture Point usage
- Movement system diseases: relieve back pain, shoulder and arm pain, upper limb paralysis, hemiplegia, etc.;
- Digestive system diseases; relieve ulcer disease, enteritis, dyspepsia, etc.;
- Diseases of the ENT system: relieve toothache, stomatitis, etc.;
- Others: Relieve cervical lymphatic tuberculosis, facial nerve palsy, colds, mastitis, etc.
LI 10 Acupuncture Point Therapy
- Press ShouSanli acupoint of the right hand with the pad of the thumb of the left hand, knead it for 1 minute, change the left hand, 3 times a day.
- Pressing Shousanli can treat low back and knee pain, especially chronic lumbar muscle strain.
Moxibustion on ShouSanli point for 10 to 20 minutes,or 5 to 7 unit.
LI 10 Point Compatibility
Toothache: Shousanli, Yangxi, Xuanshou .
Throat disorder: Shousanli, Wenliu, Quchi, Zhongzhu, Fenglong.
Shoulder and back pain: Shousanli, Jianpi, Tianjing, Quchi, Yanggu.
Pregnancy edema: Shousanli, Zusanli, Shenshu, Pishu, Weishu, Xuanzhong, Qihai, Jiaoxin, Sanyinjiao, Yinlingquan, Guanyuan .
Scrofula: ShouSanli,Zhoujian,Jianpi, Zusanli.