ST 9 Acupuncture Point(Renying) belongs to the Stomach Meridian of Foot-Yangming, which can relieve and treat sore throat, hemoptysis, wheezing, scrofula, thyroid disease, hypertension, etc.
ST 9 Acupuncture Point Location
Level with the tip of the Adam’s Apple on the anterior border of the sternocleidomastoideus muscle (where the pulse of the common cartoid artery is felt).
What is the meaning of Renying
Renying:”Ren”,people,refer to the chest and abdomen.”Ying”, receiption.The name of “Renying” means the Qi of Stomach Meridian transported to the parts below the chest and abdomen from here. The substance of this point is the meridian water from ST 4(Dicang) point, and its transmission part is the chest, abdomen, hands and fee. Compared with the Qi transported to ST 5(Daying) point, the head is the king, the Qi receives more large, the chest, abdomen, hands and feet is the people.So, the way of delivering Qi is different,hence the name.
ST 9 Acupuncture Point Usage
- Sore throat, bronchitis, bronchitis, asthma, thyroid disease;
- Chest fullness, loss of appetite, high blood pressure.
ST 9 Acupuncture Point Therapy
- Press CV 14(Dazhui) acupoint with your middle finger for 2 minutes, then rub ST 9(Renying) acupoint with the pad of your index finger for 1 minute, and finally press LI 4(Hegu) point for 20 times,which can relieve Sore throat;
- Frequent pressing ST 9(Renying) acupoint with fingers,which is beneficial to increase blood circulation in face, tighten the skin of face, and remove double chin;
- Put the index finger and the middle finger together, press ST 9(Renying) acupoint for 100 to 200 times. It is beneficial for relieving sore throat, asthma, high blood pressure and so on if Long-term massage;
Scrape ST 9(Renying) acupoint from top to bottom for 2 to 3 minutes, once every other day, it can treat thyroid disease if long-term massage it;
ST 9 Acupoint Compatibility
Combined with Dazhui, Hegu point to treat sore throat;
Combined with Dazhui, Yufu, Yuzhong point to treat asthma;
Combined with Dazhui, Taichong point to relieve high blood pressure;