ST 36 Acupuncture Point(Zusanli) belongs to the Stomach Meridian of Foot-Yangming,which is commonly used for gastrointestinal diseases, paralysis of lower limbs, mental illness, surgical diseases, and various syndromes of asthenia,puncture 1 to 2 cun straight.
ST 36 Acupuncture Point location
3 cun below ST 35, one finger width lateral from the anterior border of the tibia.
What is the meaning of Zusanli
- Zusanli:”Zu”,leg,refers to the point is located in leg,”Sanli”,refers to 3 cun,which means Qi of Stomach meridian cover a large area here.
- “Sanli” refers to the upper, the middle and the lower. The stomach is on the upper part of the abdomen. if there is gastrectasi or stomach pain, you should push upward while pressing ST 36,if there is discomfort in the center of the abdomen, only press it inward. The lower abdomen is on the lower part of the abdomen, if there is the pain on the lower abdomen,you must press down while pressing ST 36.
ST 36 Acupuncture Point Usage
- Stomach pain,Vomiting,Abdominal distension, Bowel, indigestion, Acute and chronic gastritis, Gastric ulcer ,Neuralgia
- Digestive system diseases: stomach pain, abdominal distension, hiccups, vomiting, indigestion, diarrhea, constipation, dysentery, acute and chronic pancreatitis, appendicitis, acute and chronic gastroenteritis, hepatitis, biliary diseases.
- Various chronic diseases and deficiency syndromes:fatigue, palpitations, shortness of breath, dizziness, coughing and wheezing, recovery from serious illness
- Skin diseases: acne, chloasma, rubella, neurodermatitis, urticaria.
- Diseases of ENT: facial paralysis, facial spasm, trigeminal neuralgia, tinnitus, deafness, eye disease, nasal disease.
- Paralysis of lower limbs: sequelae of stroke and hemiplegia, numbness of hands and feet, knee joint disease, sciatica, inability to limb lifting.
- Improve immunity, and anti-aging.
- Others: such as insomnia, madness, high blood pressure, hypotension, irregular menstruation, infertility, low back pain, edema, athlete’s foot, mastitis, breast hyperplasia, heart disease, respiratory diseases, leukopenia, arteriosclerosis, etc.
Clinical:Acute and chronic gastroenteritis, duodenal ulcer, gastroptosis, dysentery, appendicitis, intestinal obstruction, hepatitis, hypertension, hyperlipidemia, coronary heart disease, angina pectoris, rheumatic fever, bronchitis, bronchial asthma, nephritis, renal colic , Bladder inflammation, impotence, nocturnal emission, functional uterine bleeding, pelvic inflammatory disease, shock, insomnia, etc.
ST 36 Acupuncture Point Therapy
Press ST 36(Zusanli) with thumb or middle finger for 5 to 10 minutes every day, 15 to 20 times per minute,which can make people refreshed, energetic and longevity.
Mild moxibustion on ST 36(Zusanli) with moxa sticks for 5 to 10 minutes, once a day, which can treat abdominal distension, abdominal pain, athlete’s foot, and insufficiency of lower limb.
Use a gas tank to cup ST 36 for 10 to 15 minutes, once every other day, which can treat stroke, athlete’s foot, edema, and indigestion.
Scrape ST 36(Zusanli),which can treat vomiting, abdominal distension, bowel, and indigestion.
ST 36 Acupuncture Point Compatibility
Combined with Zhongwan and Neiguan to treat various gastric diseases.
Combined with Yanglingquan to treat all kinds of paralysis.
Combined with Xuehai to treat lack of Qi and skin Diseases.
Combined with Juque to treat stomach pain and chest paralysis.
Combined with Chengshan to treat perianal diseases.
Combined with Qihai to invigorate Qi.
Combined with Yinlingquan to treat edema and urinary obstruction.
Combined with Gaohuang to treat physical weakness after disease.
Combined with HeGu to treat facial diseases.
Combined with Xuanzhong to replenish Qi, dredge the meridians, and prevent from stroke.
Combined with Juxu, Tianshu and Pishu to regulate the intestines and intestines, invigorate the spleen and relieve diarrhea.
Combined with Fengmen, Dazhui to prevent from colds.
Combined with Baihui, Qihai, Zhongwan and Pishu to treat visceral prolapse due to spleen deficiency and excessive Qi.
Combined with Dazhui, Qihai, Ganshu, Pishu, Sanyinjiao to treat anemia and weakness.
Combined with Fenglong, Sanyinjiao, Yinlingquan, Neiguan and Zhongwan to treat vertigo due to phlegm-dampness.
Combined with Pishu, Sanyinjiao, Shenmen, and Xinshu to treat palpitations due to insufficiency of the heart and spleen.
Combined with Liangqiu, Jianjing, Taichong, Hegu, and Danzhong to treat acute mastitis.