SP 8 Acupuncture Point(Diji) belongs to the Spleen Meridian of Foot-Taiyin,which is commonly used for abdominal pain, bloating, loss of appetite, diarrhea, edema, dysuria, dysentery, irregular menstruation, dysmenorrhea, spermatorrhea, etc. Puncture 1 to 2 cun straight.
SP 8 Acupuncture Point Location
3 cun below SP 9 on line connecting SP 9 and the tip of the medial malleolus.
What is the meaning of Diji
Diji:”Di”, spleen soil.”Ji”, ingenious. The name of “Diji” means that the particles of Spleen-soil in this point are transported to various parts of the body through water-qi of Meridian of the ground, and its process is very ingenious. The substance of this point is the water-qi from SP 7(Lougu) point. The particles of spleen soil in water-Qi are also transported to various parts of the body,and its process is very ingenious,hence the name.
SP 8 Acupuncture Point Usage
- Gynecological diseases such as dysmenorrhea, metrorrhagia and irregular menstruation;
- spleen and stomach diseases such as Abdominal pain, diarrhea etc;
- Dysuria, edema etc;
- Others: stomach cramps, mastitis, paralysis of lower limbs.
SP 8 Acupuncture Point Therapy
- Combined with SP 6(Sanyinjiao) and Shiqizhui point,press it with the pad of the thumb for 3 to 5 minutes,which can treat dysmenorrhea.
- Knead and press SP 8(Diji) point with the pad of your thumb for 1 to 3 minutes each time,which is beneficial for the reproductive system,and improve insulin secretion, good to diabetics.
- Use your thumb to press and rub SP 8(Diji) point for about 200 times, or press and rub for 3 to 5 minutes to treat abdominal pain and diarrhea.
Moxa moxibustion on SP 8(Diji) point for 3 to 5 unit,or 5 to 10 minutes.
SP 8(Diji) point Compatibility
Combined with Sanyinjiao and Gongsun point to treat diabetes.
Combined with Sanyinjiao point to treat dysmenorrhea.
Combined with Yinlingquan, Shuifeng, Zusanli for strengthening spleen.
Cmbined with Yanglingquan to treat chest and hypochondriac pain.
Combined with Liangqiu, Zusanli and Weiwanxiashu point to treat acute pancreatitis.
Combined with Zhongdu and Fuyang point to treat Paralysis of lower limbs.
Combined with Sanyinjiao and Shuifeng point to treat edema.
Combined with Shenshu, Guanyuan and Xuehai point to irregular menstruation.
21 Points Along The (SP) Spleen Meridian
SP 1 , SP 2 , SP 3 , SP 4 , SP 5 , SP 6 , SP 7 , SP 8 , SP 9 , SP 10 , SP 11 , SP 12 , SP 13 , SP 14 , SP 15 , SP 16 , SP 17 , SP 18 , SP 19 , SP 20 , SP 21