SP 10 Acupuncture Point(Xuehai) belongs to the Spleen Meridian of Foot-Taiyin,which is commonly used for gynecological diseases, heat in blood skin diseases,inner side pain of knee and thigh,puncture 1 to 1.5 cun straight.
SP 10 Acupuncture Point Location
With knee flexed, 2 cun above the superior medial border of the patella on the bulge of the medial portion of quadriceps femoris (vastus medialis).
What is the meaning of Xuehai
Xuehai:”Xue”,blood.”Hai”, sea,refers to huge. The name of “Xuehai” means that this acupoint is the place where the blood-qi from Spleen Meridian gathers. The substance of this point is the ascending water-qi with higher temperature and higher concentration from SP 9(Yinlingquan) point.After reaching this point,It is gathered here, and the area filled with blood-qi is as huge as the sea. Hence the name.
SP 10 Acupuncture Point usage
Irregular menstruation,dysmenorrhea, abdominal distension, uterine prolapse, eczema, itchy skin.
- Allergic diseases: urticaria, rubella, eczema, pruritus, erysipelas, psoriasis, vitiligo, tinea cruris, chloasma, localized scleroderma, neurodermatitis, allergic purpura, herpes zoster.
- Gynecological diseases: irregular menstruation, amenorrhea, dysmenorrhea, metrorrhagia, uterine bleeding,functional uterine bleeding.
- Motor system diseases: medial thigh pain, paralysis of lower limbs, sciatica, knee joint pain.
- Others: such as drooping eyelids, orchitis, impotence, poor urination, abdominal distension, and anemia.
- Clear blood and remove dampness, and treat sores and ulcers caused by blood turbidity,and blood heat.
- Most of blood diseases related to blood circulation.
- For itchy skin caused by blood deficiency, blood irritability, and thick blood.Tapping point.
- For papule due to wind and cold invade. Tapping point.
- For alopecia baldness. This point can promote blood circulation, improve the microcirculation of hair follicles, and make hair grow and lose oil without falling off.
- For knee pain, such as degenerative arthritis and rheumatic knee arthritis, which are mostly related to rheumatism. This point can dispel wind and clear heat, active muscles and promote blood circulation.
- For irregular menstruation, including menstrual with blood clots, early or delayed menstruation, bleeding,amenorrhea, and dysmenorrhea etc.
- For scrotal eczema and tinea cruris.
SP 10 Acupuncture Point Therapy
- Press SP 10(Xuehai) point hard with your fingertips for 1 minute to feel the obvious soreness,on both sides 3 to 5 times in turn, which can relieve the symptoms of oligomenorrhea.
- Massage SP 10(Xuehai) point before lunch to help get rid of freckles on the face. Keep rubbing it with right intensity on both sides for 3 minutes every day.
Moxa moxibustion therapy
moxa moxibustion on SP 10(Xuehai) point for 5 to 10 minutes,or 3 to 5 unit.
When Is The Best Time to Massage SP 10
Between 9 am and 11 am every day, because this time is the peak time of Qi of Spleen Meridian, and the Yang-qi of the body is rising, so just press and rub it directly this time.
SP 10 point Compatibility
Combined with Quchi, Huiyang point to treat itching of the genitals;
Combined with Laogong, Zusanli, Liangqiu, Chengshan point to treat Diabetes;
Combined with Sanyinjiao,Daimai to treat irregular menstruation.
Combined with HeGu, Sanyinjiao and Quchi point to treat skin diseases.
Combined with Geshu point to treat various blood stasis syndromes.
Combined with Neiting and Yinlingquan point to treat erysipelas.
Combined with Quchi and Sanyinjiao,or Xiyangguan and Yinlingquan point to treat knee joint pain;
21 Points Along The (SP) Spleen Meridian
SP 1 , SP 2 , SP 3 , SP 4 , SP 5 , SP 6 , SP 7 , SP 8 , SP 9 , SP 10 , SP 11 , SP 12 , SP 13 , SP 14 , SP 15 , SP 16 , SP 17 , SP 18 , SP 19 , SP 20 , SP 21