SJ 4 Acupuncture Point(Yangchi) belongs to the San Jiao Meridian of Hand-Shaoyang,which is commonly used for ENT diseases, scrofula, flank pain, paralysis of upper extremity etc.
SJ 4 Acupuncture Point Location
On transverse crease of dorsum of wrist in a depression on the ulnar side of the extensor digitorum communis tendon.
What is the meaning of Yangchi
Yangchi:Yang,refers to the yang-qi of the heaven.Chi,pool. The name of “Yangchi” means that the Qi of San Jiao Meridian absorb heat and turn into Yang-Qi. The substance of this point is the weak water-qi from SJ 3 acupuncture point(Zhongzhu). After reaching this point,the water-qi absorbs heat and expands into yang qi, like pool where yang-qi generates, hence the name.
SJ 4 Acupuncture Point Usage
- Head and face disorder, such as headache, swelling and pain of eyes, deafness, throat disorder, etc.;
- Wrist pain;
Diabetes, forearm pain and numbness, wrist arthritis, etc.
SJ 4 Acupuncture Point Therapy
- Massage Yangchi acupoint with slower intensity for a longer time. First use the middle finger of one hand to press the Yangchi point on the other hand, and then change other’s.
- Frequent pressing Yangchi point can prevent and treat shoulder, elbow and wrist syndrome.
- Yangchi point is helpful for relieving the symptoms of female body chills,Especially for women with cold hands and feet in autumn and winter.In addition,massaging Yangchi acupoint can also regulate pregnancy vomiting for pregnant women.
- First, alternately press Hegu point with the thumb for 1 minute; then use the thumb and middle finger of one hand to press Shaoshang acupoint on the opposite side for more than ten times, then change hands to massage the other side; then make a fist with both hands and stretch out the thumb. Knead Renying acupoint with your fingertips for 1 minute; finally, press Yangchi acupoint for 30 times,which can relieve throat pain.
Moxibustion on Ynagchi point for 5 to 10 minutes.
Compatibility of SJ 4 Acupoints
Combined with Hegu, Chize, Quchi and Zhongzhu point to treat arm contracture.
Combined with Waiguan and Quchi point to treat forearm pain and numbness;
Combined with ShaoShang and LianQuan point to treat swelling and sore throat;
Combined with WeiguanXiashu, Pishu and Taixi point to treat diabetes.