Ququan acupoint (LR 8) belong to the liver meridian of Foot-Jueyin,which is commonly used for regulating irregular menstruation, dysmenorrhea, nephritis, knee joint pain and so on.
Location of Qu Quan Acupoint
At the medial end of the transverse popliteal crease, posterior to the medial epicondyle of the tibia, in a depression on the anterior border of the insertions of semimembraneous and semitendoneous, with the knee flexed.
What is Qu Quan Acupoint used for?
1. Reproductive system diseases: treatment of uterine prolapse, vaginitis, prostatitis, spermatorrhea, impotence, leucorrhea, postpartum abdominal pain, impotence, irregular menstruation, dysmenorrhea, etc.;
2. Urinary system diseases: treatment of poor urination, nephritis, etc.;
3. Nervous system diseases: treatment of mental illness, dizziness, pain, etc.;
4. Digestive system diseases: treatment of diarrhea, dysentery,etc.;
5. Other diseases: knee pain, lower limb paralysis, knee joint and surrounding soft tissue diseases,lowering blood pressure, etc.
QuQuan Acupoint Therapy
Ququan acupoint is the most effective point for treating knee joint pain,and main point for lowering blood pressure.
Press the Ququan acupoint on the same side with thumb vertically,both hands press at the same time, each time for 5 to 8 minutes, once a day in the morning and evening. Not to eat greasy and spicy foods during the massage, and to avoid catching cold.
Prick 1-1.5 cun straight at Ququan point.
Moxa moxibustion at Ququan point for 3-5 unit,or moxa stick on Ququan point for 10-20 minutes.
Compatibility with Ququan
Combined with Qiuxu point and Yanglingquan point: biliary tract diseases;
Combined with Ganshu, Shenshu, Zhangmen, Shangqiu, and Taichong points: hepatitis;
Combined with Fuliu, Shenshu, Ganshu: dizziness and eye disease due to deficiency of liver and kidney ‘yin’;
Combined with Zhigou, and Yanglingquan point: abdomen pain, breast tenderness and colic;
Combined with Guilai and Sanyinjiao point: dysmenorrhea and irregular menstruation caused by stagnation of liver and Qi.